25 ways to spend the month of December in the most festive and memorable way! Or use it as a clever way for you and your family to countdown to Christmas.
1. Make Christmas cookies and involve the kids of course!
2. Spend the evening inside by the fire with a big bowl of popcorn watching a classic Christmas themed movie.
3. Learn about winter traditions from around the world (Iceland, Poland, Spain, Ecuador and China to name a few).
4. Turn a pine cone into a bird feeder with peanut butter and birdseed for those hungry winter birds.
5. How about this for a new tradition? Peppermint Rimmed Hot Chocolate, yum! (Thanks to the inspiredroom.net for this one).
6. When was the last time you went Christmas caroling, get a group together and go!
7. Bundle up and get outdoors with a mug of hot chocolate.
8. Write a letter to Santa
9. Do something nice for your neighbor.
10. Make edible ornaments.
11. Make giving pajamas as a Christmas eve gift to the kids a tradition.
12. Have the kids donate a couple toys to charity.
13. Gingerbread house of course! Love the muffin tin idea below, keeps all the candy supplies nice and organized.
14. Decorate the Christmas tree, try a smaller Fake tree for the kids to decorate on their own.
15. Read a classic book like Twas’ the night before Christmas.
16. Go to a tree lighting ceremony.
17. Don’t forget to visit Santa, go somewhere other than the mall, some local nurseries usually get a visit from Santa too.
18. Sing, dance and be merry with Christmas songs playing very loud.
19. Make something homemade for neighbors, friends and family.
20. Make sure to do some creative Christmas crafts with the kids, there are tons out there! (I personally love anything being created from a toilet paper roll).
21. Have a dog, well let them be festive too!
22. Of course driving around and enjoying the Christmas lights whilst listening to Christmas music is a must!
23. Holiday Simmer of cloves, cinnamon, nutmeg, and pumpkin pie spice on the stove. A few citrus peels can be added to the mix to make the house smell as clean and as fresh as it looks. It will smell good like freshly baked spice cake instead of stale air or something as equally unpleasant.
24. Adorn a pre-made wreath with whatever fancies you, I liked this one with citrus…something about the color orange that I love!
25. How do you countdown to Christmas? Try a paper chain, add a new strip everyday until Christmas.
I hope you all have a festive, merry and bright season!
Oh, and feel free to give me some ideas on other ways to be festive during the season…….