It is so easy this time of year to get lost in all the festivities and commotion that we tend to lose sight of what it truly is all about. So, here are some ideas for you to take a moment to reflect and appreciate what you have.
- Show your love and appreciation for nature by including items found outside in your holiday decorating, bring the outdoors in.
- When you sit down to meal with your family and friends make sure you chew slowly savoring all the flavors and think about how grateful you are to have it.
- Keep a gratitude journal that focuses on what was good about your day, keep it positive and try to see what was not only good about your day but in each person in your life as well.
- Try to treat yourself better by avoiding negative self-talk, we all do it and it can become a reinforcing pattern. Its time to stop beating yourself up! Think about why you are a good person, mother, or friend instead, that is what you want to exude, stay positive!
- Don’t focus your attention on what others have, it will hinder your ability to succeed on your own. Focus on your own goals and don’t compare them with your peers, that is a waste of energy.
- Don’t forget to say thank you, we ask our children to do it and it is polite. Saying thank you to all the people that help you during the day shows gratitude and feels good to you as well as the recipient…smile too!
Make it a habit to tell people thank you. To express your appreciation,
sincerely and without the expectation of anything in return.
Truly appreciate those around you,
and you’ll soon find many others around you.
Truly appreciate life, and you’ll find that you have more of it.